Monday, December 22, 2008

New Christmas Tradition


I know how important traditions can be for families. We do a lot of the typical Christmas "traditions" decorating the tree, visiting Santa, opening presents on Christmas morning in new pjs (thanks to Grandma this year), etc. I decided I wanted to start a new tradition to focus us on Jesus, so I thought it would be fun to make Jesus a birthday cake, and on Christmas morning have "cake and eggs" for breakfast. Yes, I am going to feed my kids cake for breakfast, and they will think I am the coolest mom in the world! I will also be setting a place at our table for Jesus that morning to remind us that he is always with us.


We made the cake tonight, and will frost it on Christmas Eve, and I was talking with the kids asking them if they know who we were making it for, why, etc. They knew all of that. I asked them, do you know how we get to Heaven? Ethan's answer "By being good, and obeying your mom and dad" and I said "Well that is important, but that is not how we get to heaven" Then Julia chimed in "In an AIRPLANE!!!" Ethan and I both started laughing. And Julia goes "Well you can't get there in a car or a boat!!!!!" My kids are the best! I then went on to tell them that we have to accept Jesus as our Savior, and that it is a gift from God, and that is why we give each other gifts, to celebrate the greatest gift we could ever receive, Jesus!!! It was a great night with my kids that I will cherish forever.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, December 25, 2008, Blogger Netterz1226 said...

Your kids are the best and they are a blessing. I pray one day I will be blessed enough to be a Mom and have memories like that! Merry Christmas and I love you all!

 
At Thursday, January 08, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a good mama,and precious lil angel babes. i'm blessed to have you all in my life!
gram/mom/judi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home